Once again, this study is not intended to be a complete breakdown, but to serve as a catalyst for you to further grow and understand God's word in this area.
The powerful text of Colossians 1:13 shows how Jesus Christ, full deity (cf. Col. 1:19; 2:9), has resued (past tense) us and transferred (past tense) us into His family (kingdom). This rescue on behalf of our Savior is a single-point, one-time action event when we submit ourselves to His will through obeying His gospel call. It's important to note here that the kingdom mentioned is not future tense as some think a millenial kingdom was to come, but rather they were presently living within His kingdom.
Some points to make regarding those 'rescued':
1. Those who are of the family of the rescued are affectionately called "saints" back in verse 2, 4 & 12 of chapter 1.
2. Those rescued are reconciled in ordered to be presented holy and blameless and beyond reproach (1:22).
3. Those rescued will remain saved if they continue to be steadfast (1:23).
4. Paul willingly labors for the church (those rescued) cf. Col. 1:24-29.
5. By rescuing us, Christ made us alive! cf. Col. 2:13
6. We were/are rescued when we die to elementary priciples...and don't get carried back to them! cf. Col. 2:8, 13 & 20
7. By being rescued by Christ, we are raised up with Him! Col. 3:1
8. Those "chosen" were rescued when they chose to follow Christ. Col. 3:12
Hope this stirs a good Bible study! Enjoy!